A Guide For Daily Bible Study
Fiercely Devoted To Obeying Scripture
Make Bible PLANS:
Eliminate distractions. Be ready and equipped. Pray requesting and thanking God for guidance, understanding and wisdom by the Holy Spirit.
(Psalm 119:37, Proverbs 4:25, 1 Corinthians 7:35, Colossians 3:2, 2 Timothy 2:4, James 1:5, John 14:26, 1 John 2:27)
Read to understand, not to finish a task. Read aloud and meditate on passages that speak to you. Explore other translations for different perspectives.
(Psalm 1:1-2; 119:18, Luke 11:28, Romans 10:17, 1 Timothy 4:13, Revelation 1:3)
- What does this mean, in my own words?
- What does this tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about humanity?
- If I believe this is God’s truth, what do I need to change?
(Psalm 119:10-11, Proverbs 30:5-6, Isaiah 55:11, John 8:32; 15:7, 2 Timothy 2:7)
Write it down. Take notes. Keep a journal. Underline words. Document what God is teaching you and how you should respond.
(Deuteronomy 6:6-9; 29:29, Habakkuk 2:2, 2 Timothy 2:15, Revelation 1:19)
- Who can I share this with? Write down their name. Pray for them and an opportunity. Send a message. Make a call. Set an appointment.
- How can I be accountable for learning and changing? Share daily with your Small Group, Life Group, spouse, family, or friend.
(John 7:38, Matthew 7:24; 10:27, Colossians 3:16, 2 Timothy 2:2, James 1:21-22, 25)