Today.Church is on a mission. Make disciples that make disciple-makers. We don’t want to just have church each week – we want to BE the Church obeying all Jesus said to do.
Go make disciples wasn’t a suggestion. It’s a command that defines our identity as Jesus followers. Instead of waiting for people to show up at our church, we believe it’s time that we GO and spread the Good News of Jesus everywhere. We want to be part of a disciple-making movement. Where do we start? How can this happen?
Every single disciple-making movement in history started with fasting and prayer. God has chosen prayer as the way to see His Kingdom revealed on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus fasted and prayed before starting His public ministry. Whatever plans and strategies we implement, must have the solid foundation of prayer.
Are you a prayer warrior? Are you ready to become one? We need you as a prayer TEAM Disciple-Maker, praying specifically for a disciple-making movement. This is a call to battle. Spiritual warfare. Lives are at stake.
There are several prayer focuses that we will be sharing, but here are some ways we are asking this prayer TEAM to pray with us.
One hour of prayer focus per week.
Will you commit to at least an hour a week? Will you schedule a time and place for that prayer and let us know? That’s 8 1/2 minutes for seven days or 20 minutes five days of the week. If you can set aside more time for prayer each week please share that too!
Time suggestions (pray at any time, these are just ideas):
- 7:14 am or pm – Praying 2 Chronicles 7:14
- 8:38 am or pm – Praying Romans 8:38-39
- 9:37 am or pm – Praying Matthew 9:37-38
- 10:02 am or pm – Praying Luke 10:2
- 3:01 pm – Praying 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2
- 3:16 pm – Praying John 3:16-17
One scheduled time of fasting per week.
Can you fast a meal, two meals, sun up to sundown, or even a whole day? If there is some reason you can’t fast from food, pick something meaningful to fast. Tuesdays and Thursdays are already scheduled fast days for some. What time each week can you fast and pray?
30 minutes of prayer every Sunday before or during service.
The prayer TEAM meets on-site from 9:00 am to 9:30 am. We need as many people praying as possible, wherever and whenever!
Prayer during times of outreach!
We will let you know when we are prayer walking a neighborhood or serving at a community outreach.
Are you willing to pray with us as a Disciple-Maker? Here’s a simple form to fill out. If you are already a member of the prayer TEAM, please fill this out as well so we can add you to this prayer focus!
We will send more prayer information as a follow-up but for now, here are some things to start with.
We are praying for:
- Power! A powerful outpouring of the Holy Spirit that draws people to Jesus. Here, near, far, and wide! (Acts 1:8)
- People! The gathering of people as disciple-makers and favor among those who need to hear the Good News of Jesus! (Matthew 9:37-38, Acts 2:47-48)
- Provision! Abundant provision for whatever is needed for God’s Kingdom to multiply! Finances, locations, equipment, and resources. (Philippians 4:19)
As disciple-makers we are praying to:
- Go! We want to get out of our comfort zone and into what God has called us to do. Planting seeds of the Good News of Jesus as we go make disciples of all people! (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Grow! We want to be more like Jesus as we learn to obey His commands together. May our lives display good fruit that gives God all the credit! (Matthew 5:16)
- Gather! We want to not only grow together but grow to gather new disciples, who are making more new disciples in their circle of influence. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
Prayer doesn’t change God, it changes us!
Let’s be changed by prayer and change our world following Jesus together!
(Click below to download the latest Prayer Focus)